Tovah Means, MS, LMFT
Watch Hill Therapy is seeking a Trauma Focused Therapist to join our team!
Watch Hill Therapy is a trauma specialty practice that offers trauma focused therapy to individuals, couples, and families in the Chicagoland area. In addition, we provide teaching and consulting services to therapists, survivors of trauma, and organizations. We are seeking a dedicated trauma therapist to join our consultation focused group practice in the loop and on zoom (for now!).
Therapists in the practice treat a range of issues directly related to traumatic stress and dissociation such as childhood sexual abuse; family and intimate partner relationships; shame, self-harm, and suicidal ideation; prenatal and postnatal pregnancy care; sexual issues; children; cultural and historical trauma; harmful or unwanted coping skills and behaviors; memory issues; anxiety and depression; religious trauma; trauma experienced by LGBTQIA individuals; grief and loss; TRE (Tension/Trauma Release Exercises).
Watch Hill Therapy is interested in qualified candidates who are open and authentic about their professional experiences and who have a strong desire to provide quality treatment to trauma survivors in community with other trauma therapists. We are looking to hire a therapist who is committed to the core values of the practice:
- Clinical Excellence: Therapists committed to clinical excellence will exhibit a strong desire for learning, growing, and deepening their skills as a therapist by attending trainings, pursuing certifications of interest, engaging in outside consultation if needed, and maintaining other forms of professional development.
- Trauma Centered: The clinician must have a basic therapeutic framework and foundation for treating trauma survivors. Therapist must be trauma informed and open to discussing and exploring the client-therapist relationship.
- Emphasis on Community and Consultation: Therapists at Watch Hill meet weekly (Wednesdays, 11-1pm), for group consultation, addressing both casework and professional development. Weekly attendance is required.
- External Professional Engagement: Therapists are expected to collaborate and network with external professionals to provide holistic treatment and to maintain connections with the larger healing community. Therapists will occasionally attend outside events and meet with outside referral sources both individually and as a group.
- Applicant must be fully licensed (LMFT, LCPC, LCSW, Licensed Clinical Psychologist), working on post-doc, or pre-licensed (LPC, LSW).
- With the understanding that therapists are always deepening their skills and knowledge, candidates must at least have previous field experience in treating traumatic stress. Therapists in the practice are encouraged to pursue their own unique interests, populations, and specialties, but are all required to have a dedication to and experience with treating trauma survivors.
- Applicant is willing to make a 3 year commitment due to the nature of the clients and focus on training therapists in trauma treatment.
- Applicant should reserve a minimum of 8-10 hours of time per week for shifts at WH as they are starting out and expect to build to a full time caseload (15-25 clinical hours).
- Therapists in the practice must complete and manage electronic notes, billing, and scheduling within 3 days of the appointment session.
As practice owners, we understand that therapists at the practice are working during high stress times with a traumatized population and we care about the therapist’s exposure to trauma and burnout. Benefits to members of the practice include:
Weekly group consultation, supervision if needed, and mentoring by practice owners, yearly training budget, referrals and marketing to help build caseloads, freedom to develop your own groups, workshops, teaching/consulting, or other initiatives that the practice will help promote, support to help with growth and identity as a therapist, and supportive environment that values authenticity, self-expression, inclusion, self-care, and collaboration.
We practice in a modern office space in downtown Chicago. Office space and other expenses are also covered by the practice. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
In order to apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For the cover letter, please discuss your definition and understanding of being trauma informed, what being a trauma therapist means to you (your experiences and identity as a trauma therapist, challenges, strengths), and the potential experiences that both excite and challenge you about working in trauma focused group practice.
*A completed cover letter is required for consideration
Watch Hill Therapy treats clients of all backgrounds. We invite applicants from all socioeconomic status, races, gender identities, sexual orientations, nations of origin, ethnicities, ages, religions, and abilities to apply in order to best reflect the populations we serve.