Tension and Trauma Releasing Exercises (TRE®)
TRE® is a series of exercises that assist the body in releasing deep muscular patterns of stress, tension and trauma. As mammals, we have a unique, naturally occurring shaking/tremor response that occurs in the body to release the excess charge after significant stress or a traumatic event. TRE® safely activates a natural reflex mechanism of shaking or vibrating that releases muscular tension, calming down the nervous system. When this muscular shaking/vibrating mechanism is activated in a safe and controlled environment, the body is encouraged to return back to a state of balance.
Regularly practiced, TRE® has been shown to:
- Improve sleep and mood
- Decrease anxiety, emotional reactivity, and hypervigilance
- Improve emotional resiliency
- Increase flexibility, mobility and range of motion
- Increase quieting of the mind and deepening of relaxation
- Increase sense of connection with self and others
- Help with symptoms of PTSD
TRE® is an effective complementary practice and integrates well with other more traditional mental health and physical treatment modalities to support wellness on all levels.